How to Make the Best Whipped Cottage Cheese Dip while Keeping the Beet!
I am always looking for trending recipes to try. I have been looking at Whipped Cottage Cheese Dip for some time so here we go! It is in my nature to add an interesting twist or a simple addition of fresh fruit or vegetable so I am adding roasted beets. I have always loved cottage cheese and was delighted and eager to try this popular and easy-to-make dip with an additional flair to culinary modern times.
The history of cottage cheese dates back a few decades and I actually remember when it was in a real-time world. Cottage cheese was a notorious diet food served in a lettuce leaf with cling peaches. This was the “healthy” back then. #ilivedit Fast forward to modern-era recipes and my more modernized love of roasted beets! This has turned it into a best-of-both-worlds situation. Roasted red beets meets cottage cheese and now we have a beautiful and nutritious high-protein dip that will be a staple going forward in my repertoire.
This feels just like making hummus and has now moved into my kitchen and has taken up residence in my fridge. Whipped cottage cheese is actually higher in protein than hummus which is typically made with garbanzo beans. I think it is quite satisfying as well. It is perfect for a lovely party dip with a beautiful pink color for all to enjoy. Cottage cheese is certainly kid friendly as I saw loads of little kids eat it up this past weekend at the Atlanta Botanical Garden when they saw it being made in the Edible Garden. Most of the parents couldn’t believe their kids ate beets!
Serve this at your next party, or book club, or just keep it all to yourself for that quick snack to enjoy. When you need a little sustenance, the whipped cottage will be there for you! Freely change out to golden beets for a rich golden-colored dip while enjoying the nutrient-dense wonder of whipped cottage cheese. Gluten-free and low-carb for those who subscribe to that. Enjoy.
Whipped Cottage Cheese Dip with Roasted Beets
- Food Processor
- 1 medium roasted beet, peeled and quartered
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Fresh chives or basil for garnish
- Place roasted beet in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add cottage cheese, olive oil, onion powder, garlic, and fresh cracked pepper. Blend in the food processor until the dip is a smooth consistency.
- This can be served immediately or refrigerated until ready to serve. Garnish with chives or basil. Serve with veggies, bread, or crackers.
- Alternative: You can use golden beets for a golden-colored dip. You can also use fresh garlic in this recipe!