Fresh Ginger in your Sweet Potatoes-Your Best Holiday Showstopper!
Looking to kick up your menu for this holiday season or just need a healthier way to make that sweet potato souffle? Fresh ginger added to your whipped sweet potatoes is an easy and delicious twist to making your sweet potatoes stand out this year and all years going forward! It not only gives a little punch to the naturally sweet flavor of sweet potatoes but also helps you to calm that tummy down when you consume more than you’ve wanted to during your holiday meals. Ginger is a natural tummy calmer that can really make a culinary impact while having a nutrition benefit at the same time. Keeping fresh ginger on hand can help your recipes all get a little kick when you are looking to have a delicious flavor and feel good throughout the holiday season.
Creamy Sweet Potatoes with Fresh Ginger
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- Peel and chunk sweet potatoes and cover with salted water to boil. Cook for about 10 minutes or until fork-tender. Drain sweet potatoes.
- In a food processor, pulse ginger to mince. Add cooked sweet potatoes, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, nutmeg, and sea salt. Pulse sweet potatoes in a food processor until desired creamy consistency.
- Top with toasted pecans to serve.